Our researchers at PandaLabs have been hard at work, building the latest version of Adaptive Defense – bringing users the best prevention, detection and response Endpoint solution, to mitigate the threat of rapidly evolving modern day threats.
Adaptive Defense V 2.4, includes Panda’s latest dynamic anti-exploit technology – able to detect both known and unknown attacks at any stage of exploitation – such as WannaCry ransomware detected on 12 May, and immediately blocked by Adaptive Defense. The dynamic anti-exploit technologies that form version 2.4 are precisely designed to detect and prevent attacks before trusted applications can be compromised.
Here are some of the key updates in Adaptive Defense V 2.4:
- Dynamic anti-exploit technology.
Detection at the exploit stage of a cyber-attack. AD and AD360 incorporate a new dynamic anti-exploit technology that prevents exploit attempts through continuous monitoring of the activity of devices, and identification of both known and unknown (zero-day) exploits.
- Detection of malware-less/file-less attacks, and monitoring through the management console.
AD and AD360 identify malicious behaviours of legitimate applications. These techniques are further strengthened in this version. These attacks will be managed just as any other detection, that is, they will be shown in the console’s dashboard and reports as malware detections.
- Identification of computers used to propagate attacks throughout the network.
Whenever a malware/PUP is detected or an unknown item is blocked, the solution will display the network computer that the infection originated from, its IP address and even the logged-in user. All this information will be part of its life cycle.
- Greater flexibility for integration with the customer’s on-premise SIEM tool: Syslog and VPN.
- New option for integration into customer’s operational applications, through a report with protected endpoints status details. Ability to export the life cycle detail of one or multiple detections to be analysed. Command-line information in the life-cycle if used during the attack. (PowerShell command, etc.).
With this new version, Panda Adaptive Defense continues in its commitment to providing end users with seamless protection on the cutting edge of advanced cyber-security solutions.